neuromodulation (SNM) therapy from Medtronic.
The FDA recently approved the new InterStim™ Micro neurostimulator and InterStim SureScan™ MRI leads. InterStim Micro — the market’s smallest rechargeable sacral neuromodulation therapy device — treats overactive bladder (OAB), fecal incontinence (FI) and non-obstructive urinary retention. The InterStim SureScan MRI leads are used with InterStim Micro and with the recharge-free InterStim II, and allow conditional full-body 1.5 and 3 Tesla MRI scans*.
Patients and physicians now have a choice in InterStim systems — both with conditional full-body MRI — to match the patient’s preferences, lifestyle and treatment goals. The InterStim™ II recharge-free system offers patients freedom from a recharging routine, the hassle of recharging components, and a reminder they have a disease. The new rechargeable InterStim™ Micro system may be preferred by patients who want a smaller, longer lasting device.
- Is 50% smaller (2.8 cm3) than the market’s other rechargeable SNM device and is 80% smaller than InterStim II.
- Can be recharged once a week, or as infrequent as once per month, depending on the patient’s preference or device settings.
- Does not require impedance checks prior to an MRI scan.
- Can recharge from zero to 100% in less than an hour§.
- Reduces the need for battery replacement surgeries due to its life of 15 years.
- Product is available immediately and can be ordered through your Medtronic sales rep.
Not every patient receives the same benefit, and there are potential risks, which may include surgical, device and stimulation risks, see full safety information.
* Under certain conditions; see approved labeling for details.
§ Based on appropriate recharger placement